CMC Research Institutes (CMCRI) is an environmental technology firm supporting the transformation of Canada’s industrial economy to thrive in a low carbon world. We provide facilities to field test, develop and demonstrate emission-reducing technologies and offer access to scientists, engineers and technologists who work with clients to solve design and process challenges encountered as technologies are scaled up. Incorporated as a not-for-profit, our revenue stream is through a combination of private sector, government, and academic partnerships and contracts.
CMCRI requires an exceptional Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator to support the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Board of Directors. This role also ensures the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office of 10-12 staff in Calgary, Alberta.
As the organization’s primary administrative person, you will provide executive support to the President and CEO to ensure she is as effective and efficient as possible by anticipating her needs for information, scheduling, document preparation, and other requirements. The Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator also acts as secretary to the Board of Directors, provides human resources administration, and performs general office management duties.
Provide administrative support to the President and CEO in a well-organized and timely manner, including but not limited to:
- Strategically manage the calendar of the President and CEO, including arranging meetings and appointments and providing reminders.
- Organise travel and ensure the President and CEO is well informed regarding her schedule and travel, and fully prepared for meetings, conferences and other events.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs.
Act as Corporate Secretary to the Board of Directors:
- Prepare the quarterly Board agenda and notifications.
- Assemble background material and quarterly Board Packages.
- Take meeting minutes and process post-meeting documents.
Ensure the efficient and smooth operation of our office premises and a good work environment for staff:
- Effectively manage human resources administration, including the recruitment and onboarding of staff, vacation/sick time/leave requests, report to payroll provider and administration of benefits program.
- Organize and file digital and physical documents.
- Coordinate travel for senior leaders.
- Help organise and plan team meetings and occasional events.
- Offer administrative support as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- At least five years’ relevant experience as senior executive assistant
- Highly organized, with exemplary planning and time management skills
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures, and excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to multitask and set priorities
- Demonstrate diplomacy and judgment, especially when dealing with confidential matters
- Superior skills in building and maintaining productive and collegial working relationships
- Thrives on enabling others
- Experience with Board Governance practices would be an asset
This could be an excellent part-time position for someone who wants to work 5-6 hours/day within school hours.
Join a dynamic team who is working to combat climate change and help Canada’s industries thrive in a low carbon future. To explore this opportunity further in confidence, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae in one PDF document to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be CMCRI Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator.
CMC Research Institute, Inc. hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Indigenous persons.
Click link to download and print:
Executive Assistant and Office Manager