At a time when Alberta is undertaking consultations for a renewed climate change strategy, the Pembina Institute will convene the 2015 Alberta Climate Summit to showcase the latest thinking on climate policy from a variety of stakeholders.
The 2015 Alberta Climate Summit will feature speakers from the Government of Alberta, industry and civil society in a variety of engaging formats to provide a rich, informative conversation during the height of the province’s climate change consultation process. Part of the event will include opportunities for attendees to ask questions and have your views heard as part of a multi-sectoral conversation. Members of the consultation panel — as well as senior government representatives — will be invited to observe and participate
Speakers will present on a variety of topics including:
- Carbon pricing and Alberta’s Specified Gas Emitters Regulation
- Opportunities for clean electricity
- Increasing energy efficiency and decreasing costs
- Creating lasting jobs and prosperity for Albertans
- Innovation and the future of the oilsands sector