Understand and Prepare for Alberta’s Oil & Gas Sector Methane Reduction Strategy and What This Represents as a Business Opportunity
Over the next couple of years, the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), the Government of Alberta (GoA) and other agencies and stakeholders will be preparing for and ultimately implementing the Alberta Methane Reduction Strategy.
This interactive full day workshop is an opportunity to learn about emerging methane management regulations and strategies, provide feedback to their development, explore potential business opportunities and network with other technology development and implementation leaders.
This interactive full day workshop is an opportunity to:
- Understand the role of methane [ CH4 ] as a greenhouse gas, what it represents as a business opportunity and why methane management is a core action plan element for three levels of government.
- Hear about future mandatory and voluntary reporting requirements and explore how reductions in methane emissions can work to reduce cost and save money in your business;
- Offer practical feedback and economic implementation ideas to the development of Alberta’s Methane Reduction Strategy, upcoming regulatory frameworks and policy drivers for Alberta;
- Explore case studies that profile how leading companies are developing proven and cost effective technologies, services and practices for achieving a 45% methane emissions reduction target before 2020;
- Accelerating funding connections that support economic development and growth of Alberta-based local business opportunities in methane management; and,
- Connect with leading government and industry leaders who are engaged in emerging methane reduction strategy regulations and their associated opportunities.
PRESENTERS, PANELS AND EXPERTS
This event with convene technical and content expertise from:
- Senior regulator and policy leaders from government and regulators;
- Leading innovators and practitioners from energy producers;
- Technology and service company experts;
- Innovation and funding agency representatives; and,
- Technology developers and entrepreneurs who are developing innovative solutions to address current and emerging methane management challenges.
Advanced registration before January 30, 2017
- $200.00/table for companies that wish to sponsor a table for 6 people
- A limited number of free registrations are available due to the generous support of our sponsors. Please contact the organizers if the cost for the event represents a challenge.
Last minute registration between February 1 and 10, 2017
- $300.00/table for companies that wish to sponsor a table for 6 people
A limited number of free registrations are available due to the generous support of our sponsors. Please contact the organizers if the cost for the event represents a challenge.
Alberta Energy, Alberta Environment and Parks, Alberta Energy Regulator and the Pembina Institute
Community Session Sponsor
Gen7 Environmental, Methane Emission Leadership Alliance, Actions Matter, Callendar Energy Services, the Clean Energy Technology Centre and the Town of Drayton Valley