Process Integration Training Workshop: Upstream Oil & Gas Sector
WHEN: MARCH 17-19, 2015
WHERE: SANDMAN HOTEL – CITY CENTRE, 888 7TH AVE SW, CALGARY, ALBERTA (GREAT ROOM 3)
COST: $500 + GST
TRAINING AVAILABLE FOR 15 PEOPLE
PROCESS INTEGRATION WORKSHOP FOR THE UPSTREAM OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
- Introduction to heat integration of industrial processes
- Principles of global energy analysis and basic Pinch analysis concepts
- Graphical representation of process streams and heat exchanges
- Determining minimum energy consumption and heat recovery potential of a process
- Identifying heat exchanges that are sources of energy inefficiency
DAY 2 (8:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Steam, Refrigeration and Compression systems – For each utility system
- Overview of main equipment items and basic principles
- Evaluation of energy performance and sources of waste heat; influence of operating parameters
- The utility system in a global analysis context: evaluation of heat recovery potential
DAY 3 (8:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Analysis of heat exchanger networks using Pinch analysis
- Case studies from the oil and gas sector: SAGD process
- Financial programs for industrial energy efficiency
Registration is $500 +GST. Though valued at $2,500 the course can be offered at a reduced price because of the support provided by NRCan’s ecoENERGY Efficiency for Industry program.
Continental breakfast, coffee, and lunches will be provided each day.
Each participant will:
- Have access to a laptop supplied by NRCan with the INTEGRATION software already installed.
- Receive a USB memory stick with the presentation materials and a copy of the INTEGRATION software.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT CAN BE MADE HERE
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Warren Brooke, Technical Services, CMC Research Institutes
Richard Dollighan, Office of Energy Efficiency, Natural Resources Canada