Travel subsidies available to HQP
Carbon Management Canada is providing travel subsidies of $700 to graduate students and postdocs travelling to its annual conference in Gatineau, QC on May 23 to 25. Funds are limited so apply soon. This opportunity is only open to HQP working on CMC-funded projects. CMC will fund a maximum of two students per investigator.
“We are offering to help defray the costs of travel because this conference is a high value opportunity especially for young researchers,” says Richard Adamson, CMC’s managing director. “You’ll have the opportunity to showcase your research in our poster session and to network with other researchers from across the country as well as meeting folks from the federal research community.”
This year’s highlights include:
- Cash prizes of $500 and $250 for the best posters;
- A Science Café on carbon capture and storage;
- Five minute presentations from each research project;
- Talks on intellectual property, entrepreneurship and carbon pricing mechanisms; and
- A panel on decarbonizing Alberta’s oilsands.
Click here for more information on the conference agenda and to register.
Supervising investigators should send an email by April 16, 2012 to email@example.com with the following information:
1) Email subject line: CMC 2012 travel subsidy
2) Name of supervising CMC-investigator
3) Project number and project title
4) Name of student or post doc attending conference
5) Title of poster being presented by student at conference
Investigators will be notified by April 18 (at the latest) if their application for travel subsidy has been successful. Funds will be sent to the Investigator’s research account after the conference upon confirmation of the student/postdoc’s attendance to the conference. We do not need to see receipts to determine if a student has attended the conference. Instead, we will check their attendance during the conference registration process.
Travel claims not be processed by CMC
After the conference, investigators should submit expense claims to their appropriate university departments following normal reimbursement policies and procedures. Please be clear what receipts and documentation your university requires for reimbursement claims.